Engaging Vitality with Charles Chip Chace
A palpation based approach to work more effectively with Qi in clinical practice.
London College of Osteopathic Medicine
6th & 7th October 2018
Charles Chace has been integrating this ancient wisdom with modern Western research and osteopathic palpation techniques in the treatment of contemporary diseases for more than 30 years. He is a renown author and translator of numerous books and articles on Chinese medicine including The Yellow Emperor’s Systematic Classic of Acupuncture and Moxibustion (Huang Di Zhen Jiu Jia Yi Jing) (1994), co-authored with Yang Shouzhong, A Qin Bowei Anthology (1997), co-authored with Zhang Tingliang, Channel Divergences, Deeper Pathways of the Web (2001), and An Exposition on the Eight Extraordinary Vessels, Acupuncture, Alchemy and Herbal Medicine (2010, both co-authored with Miki Shima.
In this introductory workshop (Module 1) you will be introduced to very practical, accessible and easy-to-apply techniques to feel qi in your patients’ body. This palpation based workshop has been developed by Dan Bensky, Chip Chace and Marguerite Dinkins, integrating classical Chinese medicine theory with osteopathic practices.
You will learn the following:
- Techniques for assessing where qi is flowing & where it is stuck.
- How to feel the location of core restrictions.
- How to directly feel which points are most available for treatment and their precise locations.
- Learn how to activate the live point.
- How to feel whether your treatments have produced meaningful change.
- How to evaluate correct dosage of treatment.
- How to use the principle of effortless action (wu wei) in your practice.
- How to enhance your needle technique.
This approach is readily integrated with most styles of acupuncture and provides a means for the fundamental concepts of Chinese medicine to quite literally come to life in your hands. For those of you who already practice a palpation-based form of acupuncture, this workshop will give you further information to help refine your diagnosis and treatment plan. For those of you new to palpation, this workshop will provide you with a good foundation to start directly perceiving your patient’s qi. Engaging Vitality can help enliven your practice and greatly improve results.